Following the recent developments in Victoria’s COVID-19 response, we have decided to close our office in Hardware Lane until further notice.
While the office may be closed, our work supporting better justice in Victoria continues.
- Our staff will be working remotely and will be available through their regular phone numbers and email addresses.
- You will still be able to contact the Foundation on 03 9604 8100 and through our Contact email address.
We have already made a number of changes to our work program, and will provide further updates if further changes occur.
- We have postponed our regular Law Talks program, including Regional and Classroom Law Talks, and are working with our speakers to provide support for teachers in the interim.
- Our Better Information Workshops for the legal sector have also been postponed. Our previously scheduled workshop on liaising with mainstream media will be recorded remotely and made available to those registered in the near future.
- Our largest event of the year, Law Week, will however be going ahead as scheduled - but delivered in a slightly different format. We are looking into digital and remote options for delivering events. We look forward to sharing our program with you on 17 April.
If you’re looking for legal assistance
- Victoria Legal Aid has information about legal issues relating to the COVID-19 coronavirus
- call the state wide legal advice phone line weekdays during business hours on 1300 792 387
- go to Legal Aid Victoria
- or to find your local Community Legal Centre, go to Federation of Community Legal Centres
In these unprecedented times we are focused on the safety and wellbeing of all in our community and we appreciate your patience.
We look forward to opening our office again as soon as possible.