Our 2021 Legal Laneway is moving online
Our 2021 event will be a little bit different than usual. For the first time ever the Legal Laneway Breakfast will be held online, moving from Hardware Lane to Zoom.
While we won't be able to celebrate in person, we encourage you to join us from wherever you may be to celebrate the opening of the legal year over breakfast and hear from our line-up of speakers:
- Benjamin Law, writer and broadcaster
- Fiona McLeay, Victorian Legal Services Commissioner
- Lynne Haultain, Executive Director, Victoria Law Foundation
- The Honourable Justice Greg Garde AO RFD, Chair, Victoria Law Foundation
Virtual Legal Laneway Breakfast 2021
When: Wednesday 3 February 2021, 8:00am - 8:45am
Cost: Free - registrations essential
Who can attend?
The Legal Laneway Breakfast is open to all members of Victoria’s legal community.
If you'd like to join the mailing list or know more about the event please get in touch.
Proceeds go towards a good cause
This year the Legal Laneway Breakfast is raising funds for Igniting Change, an organisation that has been providing practical support during the COVID-19 pandemic to vulnerable community legal centre clients, prisoners re-entering the community and others without access to essential resources.
We would like to acknowledge the following organisations, who support this event each year:
- Australian Women Lawyers
- Judicial College of Victoria
- Leo Cussen Centre for Law
- Sentencing Advisory Council
- The College of Law
- Victoria Legal Aid
- Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission
- Victorian Law Reform Commission
- Victorian Legal Services Board + Commissioner
- Victorian Ombudsman
- Women’s Legal Service Victoria
- Young Lawyers Section, Law Institute of Victoria