Join us for the International Access to Justice Forum 2023
Following our highly successful online International Access to Justice forum in April 2022, we’re delighted to announce the event for 2023!
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
The Victoria Law Foundation in partnership with UCI Law Initiative for Inclusive Civil Justice will host the International Access to Justice Forum 2023 at UCI Law in Irvine, California on October 11-13, 2023.
We hope this gives you time to check your diaries and join us in LA.
The 2022 event covered an impressive breadth of content with diverse perspectives, which generated a great deal of conversation and global insight.
You can catch-up with last year’s Forum recordings.
The 2023 Forum will be essential for people interested in the diversity and complexity of access to justice and we very much look forward to you joining us.
Call for proposals
For those interested in presenting at the conference, the website portal is now open for proposals.
Please note that all presenters must plan to attend the conference in person.
We invite presentations from scholars; researchers; legal practitioners; court, tribunal, and dispute resolution staff; and other legal service providers from around the world on a range of topics relating to access to civil justice. Topics of particular interest include the following:
- New data or empirical analysis regarding the prevalence of civil legal problems, perceptions or understandings of legal matters, or behaviour taken in response to justiciable events.
- Legal professional regulatory reform, alternative legal service providers, and innovative legal service partnerships.
- The role of legal technology in enhancing access to justice.
- Access to justice in the face of climate change, global conflict, and economic change.
- Interventions and approaches to enhance equality in access to civil justice for underserved groups.
- The place of access to justice in legal education.
Those interested in presenting should please submit a brief abstract (no more than 3,000 characters) that clearly identifies the proposed topic and summarizes key findings or lessons. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The deadline for submissions is May 31, 2023.
In addition to presenters, we also welcome the participation of non-presenting attendees. Registration is now open on the conference website for both in-person and online attendance.
Please see the conference website for additional information about the conference schedule and travel planning.
We hope you see you in-person or online!