Research at the Foundation focuses on the legal and related needs of Victorians, and over time, will make a significant contribution to the Victorian justice system.
Research at the Foundation is guided by five principles:
- impact — we undertake useful research to support improved civil legal services for Victorians
- rigour — we use sound methodologies and rely on clear evidence for any conclusions
- collaboration — we work in a collaborative way with the legal sector, civil society and others in the interests of access to justice for Victorians
- communication – we make our reports publicly available and engage with the sector on research activity
- independence – we maintain our independence